Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dancing With The Stars: Night One Review


By Allen Bacon
Editor
Bosco: The Blog


Night One of Dancing With the Stars Season Six had few surprises. The evening focused on the men dancers and the competition is shaping up almost the way I saw it (see the BOSCO February issue) when the field was first announced.

With one exception. Mario looked the best out of the men last night on the dance floor. He has charisma and he picked up the dance steps well. I surmised that he would do well due to the choreography of his R&B shows. And this was despite his coach missing a few days due to surgery.

I still think by the end of the show Jason Taylor, the NFL player, will improve and be competitive. He has that determination and the discipline to succeed. He had a good first dance and the judges seemed to like him. He looks great and moves surprisingly well for a big man.

Christian De La Fuente will improve also. Like Taylor and Mario, I love his excitement for the show. Plus he's the best looking guy this season.

Who will be the first to go? I originally thought Penn Gillette before I saw the show. I loved his attitude. He has too long of a way to go to improve as a dancer. I think the fans will keep him and Steve Gutenberg due to their popularity factor.

Adam Carolla unfortunately will probably be the first guy off. I thought that the judges were harsher than they should have been on him. He danced better than Gillette and Gutenberg, yet the judges didn't think so and gave him lower scores. Even his usually great sense of humor seemed off kilter in the first show. Outside of Southern California, the rest of the nation doesn't really know him too well so he will not get help from the voters.

The ladies go tonight and it will be interesting to see how that shapes up. Kristi Yamaguchi is still my favorite to win the whole thing this year.

No comments: