Monday, September 22, 2008

B.B. King Takes A Turn For The Best


My Turn Radio Program
100.3 FM in LA/thesoundla.com
Sunday Nights 6 PM PST
Five scoops of Bosco

By Allen Bacon
Editor, The Daily Bosco


Legendary bluesman B.B. King was the host of the new radio program My Turn last night and it was an extremely interesting hour to say the least.

King filled the hour with his idols, stories, blues history, new music, and his favorites. Included were songs from Jimi Hendrix, Robert Cray, T-Bone Walker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Robert Johnson. He even played two of his favorite Frank Sinatra tunes.

If this is the way this show is going to go every week, I will make sure I'm tuned in. My Turn is a fascinating and compelling hour of radio. Locally, in Los Angeles, KCRW and KTWV have had critical success with this type of show as well.

My Turn, features a different musical artist each week and lets them program the hour with the music of their choice.

My Turn can be heard each Sunday in the Los Angeles area on 100.3 FM The Sound beginning at 6 PM PST. It can also be heard streamed at thesoundla.com. You can also link to the program via Bosco Radio: Music in the sidebar every Sunday night.

No comments: