Monday, October 15, 2012

Sweet

Hansel N' Gretels Bake Shop 
113 E. Commonwealth Ave. 
Fullerton, CA 
Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm 
Saturday 8am-5:30pm 
Closed Sundays and Holidays 
714.525.5259 
Five Scoops of Bosco

Reviewed by Allen Bacon, The Daily Bosco

When the Judy Lynn Bakery in my hometown of Fullerton, California went under a while back it was like an end of an era.

I was heartbroken.

I love bakeries anyway but there were so many memories associated with that wonderful place.  Like the fact that my wife and I bought our beautiful and delicious wedding cake there, or the birthday cakes we bought there over the years.

Or just the fact that it was a great place to hang out in the morning with the locals, have a cup of coffee and a delicious pastry and chat.

I am so happy now that Sarah and Mike Pagana have brought their Bakery, Hansel N' Gretels, to this downtown location.

I think they are going to be around for a long time.  I love what they've done with the place.

I would like to call this bakery an homage to Judy Lynn's but I think that is kind of unfair because Hansel N' Gretels stands on it's own and is a great hometown bakery in it's own right.

A wonderful, homey and warm decor and a gingerbread house with the tip to the classic Children's tale decor greet the patrons here.

But all that would mean nothing if the menu was not delicious.

A variety of tasty treats are here including  Kringles, Apple Strudel,  Brownies, Custard and more.  All fresh out of Sarah's oven.

My favorite is the Chocolate Chip Butterhorn.

Which reminds me, I'm going to need to take some five mile walks if I'm going to continue to patronize this place.

But it's definitely worth it.

No comments: