Friday, July 13, 2012

Gourmet Food At Fast Food Prices

Atomic Cafe
3100 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa CA
Open Weekdays
Five Scoops of  Bosco

Reviewed by Allen Bacon, The Daily Bosco

When I first came to work in South Orange County I was looking for a place I could get to relatively easy and a place where I could eat healthy and not pay an arm and a leg.

I found that place at the Atomic Cafe in Costa Mesa.

Owner/Chef Rick LeBlanc has created a diner/cafe where you can truly get gourmet food at fast food prices.  And Rick and his staff are not opposed to making alterations to their great menu if you are adventurous.

For instance, Rick likes to spice up my favorite, the Utopian Salad but one day I asked him to tone it down a notch and the result, to me, was delicious. The Utopian Salad, by the way, is Avocado, Chicken Breast, on a bed of Spinach.  At only $7.50 the food is very affordable and healthy.

And it is always made fresh on the premises with high quality ingredients.

Top off your meal with a delicious homemade bakery item like Rick's Chocolate Cookies made fresh everyday.

Other items on the menu is a Thai Style chicken salad (pictured here), Over Stuffed Chicken Quesadilla, Turkey Panini, and a Thai Beef salad to name just a few.

The Atomic Cafe is also open for breakfast starting at 7 AM.

No comments: